Pom Pom sensory box ideas:
Where to purchase them:
I usually turn to Oriental Trading for this material, right now they have 500 pom poms for $6.25
You can also make your own pom poms to mix in a larger size with the store bought ones. Here's a tutorial, it even has a template for the cardboard piece you'll need. Pretty easy!
Related thematic units:
- Ice cream- Maybe you're studying ice cream before you visit an ice cream factory, or maybe you'll be having an ice cream party at the end of the week.
- Inside this box: ice cream scoop, empty ice cream tubs, plastic spoons, ice cube tray
- I found most of these extra items at garage sales or salvation army
- Circus- studying the animals, the performers, or preparing for a trip to see the circus live. The bright colors of the pom poms are circus-y to me!
- Inside this box: plastic animals (elephant, tiger, camel, dog, horse), solid plastic bracelets (like mini hula hoops), popcorn boxes